Lara Croft GO
|Lara Croft GO|
|Release Date||27 August 2015|
|Platforms||Google Android, Apple iOs, Windows 8.1 and 10 (PC, Steam, and Windows 10 Mobile), PS4 Vita|
|Game Time||4-5 hours|
|Developer||Square Enix Montreal|
|Lara Croft: Relic Run||Lara Croft GO|
Lara Croft GO is a puzzle game, first released only for Smart Phones and Tablet PCs running iOs, Android or Windows 8.1 or higher as well as Windows Mobile 10. A PlayStation 4/Vita version followed later.
The developers promise four to five hours of gameplay for the main game. Unlike its predecessor Lara Croft: Relic Run it is not a free to play game but must be bought from the corresponding App Store. The game costs 4,99 Dollar / Euros or a comparable price in British Pound. The main game has since its release been offered for as low as 0,99€ on sale. For an additional 4,99€ the player can purchase further help/solutions. Additional outfits are available in form of the Square Enix Universe Outfit Pack, which costs 1.99€.
- 1 Release Dates
- 2 Story
- 3 Levels
- 4 Features & Gameplay
- 5 Soundtrack
- 6 PlayStation 4 / PlayStation Vita
- 7 Links
- 8 References
- Android, iOs, Windows (via the Windows Store), Windows Mobile 10: 27 August 2015
- PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita: 3 December 2016
- Steam: 4 December 2016
On 26 November 2015 an additional level The Cave of Fire with 11 subsections containing 26 puzzles has been released as a free download for everyone who purchased the game.
The additional The Mirror of Spirits level with its 11 subsections is time exclusive for the PlayStation versions - released 3. Dec. 2016 - and was made available for other platforms three months later: It is available on Steam since 3 March 2017 and was announced for Android and iOs for April 2017. (Note that the Amazon Underground version has not yet been updated to include The Mirror of Spirits as of July 2017.)
Lara searches for an Artefact, the The Atlas of Beyond, in an abandoned underground temple complex in some remote jungle. Beside some tricky puzzles and murderous traps multiple beasts await her to defend the secrets of the temple from any intrusion. Also, there is something far bigger moving in the shadows, a giant snake defending the artefact at all cost.
There are 41 subsections in the original 5 levels that were published on 27 August 2015 (1-5) as well as 11 additional subsections in the first upgrade published on 26 November 2015 (6), and another 11 subsections in the second upgrade published with the PlayStation versions on 3 December 2016 (7).
1. The Entrance
There are five sub-sections in The Entrance:
2. The Maze of Snakes
There are eleven sub-sections in The Maze of Snakes:
3. The Maze of Stones
There are 13 sub-sections in The Maze of Stones:
4. The Maze of Spirits
There are nine sub-sections in The Maze of Spirits:
5. The Escape
There are three sub-sections in The Escape:
6. The Cave of Fire
There are 11 sub-sections in The Cave of Fire:
7. The Mirror of Spirits
There are 11 sub-sections in The Mirror of Spirits:
Features & Gameplay
Lara Croft GO is centred around solving puzzles. The levels consist of a playing field of dots connected by lines. Lara can move along those lines from dot to dot by swiping. To continue to the next level Lara has to reach the exit, a square with a glowing dot. On her path she has to avoid various traps - like crumbling floors or walls -, overcome enemies, and all the while solve puzzles.
- The Queen of Venom, a giant snake
The November 2015 update introduces further variants of these enemies that resurrect after four moves.
Traps & Obstacles
The 3 December 2016 PlayStation release added Searchlights as a Trigger mechanism: If a living being (Lara or any enemy) steps in front of such a light, an action is triggered. Inanimate objects (columns, rolling boulders) block the searchlight.
- Main article: Lara's Outfits#Lara Croft GO
There are 13 outfits in the game, two of which are available from the start, eight can be unlocked by collecting items in the levels, and three can be purchased with the Square Enix Universe Outfit Pack (included in the PS4/Vita version).
- Hitman (included in the Square Enix Universe Outfit Pack)
- Deus Ex (included in the Square Enix Universe Outfit Pack)
- Just Cause (included in the Square Enix Universe Outfit Pack)
- Classic (Standard)
- Core Classic (automatically unlocked)
- Bomber Jacket (unlocked by finding The Gilded Skull)
- Area 51 (unlocked by finding The Twin Snakes)
- Antarctica (unlocked by finding The Frozen Spider)
- Wetsuit (unlocked by finding The Blood Salamander)
- Catsuit (unlocked by finding The Necklace of Dreams)
- Midas Lara (unlocked by completing all Gem sets - Quartz, Emeralds, Sapphires, Rubies, Topazes)
- Angel of Darkness (unlocked by completing the Sacred Beetle)
- Spirit Lara (unlocked by completing the Eye of the Abyss)
The official soundtrack for Lara Croft GO was released between 12 and 19 October 2015 on Soundcloud. The soundtrack consists of the following tracks:
- A Forgotten Path
- A Bridge Of Daylight
- The Bridge Of Many Sides
- Terrace Of Forked Tongues
- The Lowest Point
- The Maze Of Snakes
- Temple Of The Wise (Distant Melody)
- The Maze Of Spirits
- The Doorstep Of Spirits
- The Queen Of Venom
- The Journey Home
- The Shard Of Life
The complete soundtrack can be downloaded from the Crystal Dynamics Soundcloud Page.
As a bonus track a Development Q&A has also been placed on Soundcloud, too.
PlayStation 4 / PlayStation Vita
On 30. November rumours surfaced that a version of Lara Croft GO for the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita were to be announced at the upcoming PlayStation Experience. A Trophy set was published on Exophase.com the same day, containing 18 Trophies, including a Platinum Trophy. The game was confirmed for release on 3 December by Eidos Montreal  on the same day.
In addition to the main game the PlayStation versions include a new, time exclusive level called The Mirror of Spirits, inspired by the Croft Manor and featuring an encounter with Lara Croft's infamous Doppelgänger.
- Main article: Lara Croft GO Trophies
There are 18 Lara Croft GO Trophies in this set.
- 🏆 A true adventurer
- 🏆 Key of Snakes
- 🏆 Key of Stones
- 🏆 Key of Spirits
- 🏆 Atlas of Beyond
- 🏆 Archaeologist
- 🏆 Historian
- 🏆 Preservation Society
- 🏆 Curator
- 🏆 Ophidiophobia
- 🏆 Getting crafty
- 🏆 Master Builder
- 🏆 Gathering moss
- 🏆 Into the abyss
- 🏆 Put this apple on your head
- 🏆 Immortal no more
- 🏆 Déjà-vu
- 🏆 Back to reality
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SquareEnixMtl/status/611284446491377664 Square Enix Montreal Twitter Account
- ↑ http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/127087765575/new-lara-croft-go-launch-details-ready-for-more Official Tomb Raider Blog
- ↑ https://tmblr.co/ZqCvTx2FRAs46 Official Tomb Raider Tumblr Page
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SquareEnixMtl/status/837684523852771331
- ↑ https://youtu.be/WYggRD93-vc Gameplay video, Gamescom 2015
- ↑ http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/131034488970/lara-croft-go-music-week-thanks-to-the-talented Official Tomb Raider Blog
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/804057598144049152 Twitter Rumour
- ↑ https://www.exophase.com/game/lara-croft-go-psn/trophies/ PlayStation Trophy List on Exophase.com
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SquareEnixMtl/status/805123070541361153