Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
|Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light|
|Release Date||August/September 2010|
|Platforms||PC, PS3, XBox 360, iOs, Android|
|Rating|| PEGI 12|
|Tomb Raider Underworld||Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light||Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris|
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a video game aside the regular Tomb Raider Series and the first of the spin-off Lara Croft Games.
Guardian of Light was developed by Crystal Dynamics and released as a digital download for PS3 (via PSN), Xbox 360 (via Live Marketplace) and PC. Later releases for the mobile platforms iOs and Android followed.
Release Dates in Detail
- 18 August 2010 - Xbox 360
- 28 September 2010 - PC & PS3
- December 2010 - Apple iOs
- July 2012 - Google Android
- According to Aztec myth, the region we call the Yucatan is an ancient battleground where the human followers of Totec, the Guardian of Light, once waged a catastrophic war against the demonic forces of Xolotl, the Keeper of Darkness.
- It is written that Xolotl called upon the power of an artifact known as the Mirror of Smoke to summon forth a horde of unspeakable horrors from the Abyss.
- Totec's warriors were slaughtered in the battle that followed, but Totec himself survived. He found a way to turn the Mirror's power back against the evil god. Xolotl was imprisoned within the mirror, and the descendants of Totec went on to forge a mighty empire that lasted until the arrival of the conquistadors.
- As for what happened to the Mirror of Smoke, the ancient texts are vague. Some say it was hidden in a secret place, that the mirror was lost forever. But if there's one thing I've learned it's that nothing is lost forever. 
- Temple of Light
- Temple Grounds
- Spider Tomb
- The Summoning
- Forgotten Gate
- Toxic Swamp
- Flooded Passage
- The Jaws of Death
- Twisting Bridge
- Fiery Depths
- Belly of the Beast
- Stronghold Passage
- The Mirror's Wake
- Xolotl's Stronghold
- Lara Croft
- Totec, a Maya tribesman and companion 
- Xolotl, an evil spirit
- Fixed camera
- Buddy adventure / Coop gameplay (online and offline)
- First downloadable only title from Crystal Dynamics, and first downloadable only Lara Croft game.
- A classic formula of puzzles, combat, exploration, and breathtaking visuals put through the lens of an isometric fast-paced gaming experience.
- A wide range of options for solving puzzles and traversing deadly environmental traps, offering players an unprecedented level of freedom to choose their own solutions and explore various paths through the dense jungles of Central America.
- Crystal Dynamics' proprietary engine delivers sprawling environments with no load-times and unbelievable vertical gameplay through tombs reaching deep into the Earth.
- Face off against a myriad of undead warriors brought to life by the evil Xolotl, including a number of boss battles that are not to be missed!Steam Store
- Energy blasting Demon
- Giant Demon
- Leglion (Spider Queen)
- Demon T-Rex
- Skeleton (GoL)
- Walking Green Demon
- Shield Demon
- Giant Demon Lizard
- Red Demon Lizard
- Fire Demon
- The Mirror of Smoke is the main artefact in the game. There are some smaller artefacts and relics that can be picked up and then used to improve Lara's and Totec's abilities or their weapons.
- Main article: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Weapons
There are a number of weapons Lara and Totec can use. All except Lara's regular Twin Pistols and the spear (carried by Totec in Multiplayer, carried by Lara in Singleplayer) use up ammunition. To keep it simple there is only one type of ammo. If you run out, you have to use the basic weapons.
Lara has a number of outfits to choose from once they have been unlocked by collecting a certain amount of points, or by finishing the game.
- The default outfit
- The Biker Outfit worn by Lara in the Cornwall-Part in Tomb Raider Legend. Unlocked by scoring 1,900,000 points.
- The Basic Outfit worn in Tomb Raider Underworld. Unlocked by scoring 1,410,000 points.
- The "heavy" variant of the Jungle outfit with pants and jacket. Unlocked by finishing the game.
- The Basic Outfit from Tomb Raider Legend. Unlocked by finishing the game.
- The Doppelganger outfit from Tomb Raider Underworld. Unlocked by scoring 2,400,000 points.
- OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Processor: 3+ GHz Intel or 2.5+ GHZ AMD
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP) / 2 GB RAM (Vista)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series (6800GT or better) / ATI 1300XT or better
- Hard Drive: 7GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers
- Gameinformer.com - 9/10 
- Eurogamer.net - 9/10 
- Metacritic.com - 83.7/100 (average of the metascores of the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
During E3 2014 a trailer for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris was published, making it certain that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will start a series of its own.
- ↑ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareenix.laracroftgol
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/laracroft?ref=sgm#!/laracroft?v=wall&story_fbid=121762894535463&ref=mf Retrieved on 16th July 2010
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/crystal-dynamics-talks-lara-croft-interview?page=1 Retrieved on 16th July 2010
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft_and_the_Guardian_of_Light
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/games/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light/android-120190
- ↑ Introduction
- ↑ Gamespot http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/laracroftandtheguardianoflight/news.html?sid=6252980&mode=previews Retrieved on 5th Mar 2010
- ↑ Key Features listed on Steam Store Retieved on Aug 4th 2013.
- ↑ Gamespot http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/laracroftandtheguardianoflight/news.html?sid=6252980&mode=previews Retieved on 5th Mar 2010
- ↑ System Requirements listed on Steam Store Retieved on Aug 4th 2013.
- ↑ Game Informer's review on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Retrieved on Aug 7th 2013.
- ↑ Eurogamer's review on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Retrieved on Aug 7th 2013.
- ↑ Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on PC on Metacritic Retrieved on Aug 7th 2013.
- ↑ Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on Xbox 360 on Metacritic Retrieved on Aug 7th 2013.
- ↑ Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light PlayStation 3 on Metacritic Retrieved on Aug 7th 2013.
|Main:||Tomb Raider · Unfinished Business · Tomb Raider II · The Golden Mask · Tomb Raider III · The Lost Artifact · Tomb Raider IV The Last Revelation · Tomb Raider Chronicles · Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness · Tomb Raider Legend · Tomb Raider Anniversary · Tomb Raider Underworld · TOMB RAIDER · Rise of the Tomb Raider|
|Other:||Custom Levels · Nightmare Stone · Curse of the Sword · The Prophecy · The Osiris Codex · Quest for Cinnabar · Tomb Raider: Puzzle Paradox · Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light · Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris · Lara Croft: Reflections|