|quickly run or jump across
The Collapsible Floor (also Crumbling Floor or Loose Floor Boards) is a trap or obstacle in many Tomb Raider and Lara Croft Games. It can be harmless, if not combined with another trap, but most often it is. Sometimes Lara comes across platforms that seem like collapsible floor at first but turn out to be Folding Ledges (or Trapdoors) that can flip up or down but basically stay intact.
Collapsible floor tiles can often be overlooked as they usually mimic the actual floor colour and pattern. Sometimes there is nothing underneath and from time to time it is even necessary to drop through, but often there are other dangers underneath, like a Deep Pit, a Spike Pit or a Lava Pit.
- 1 Strategy
- 2 Occurrence in Tomb Raider Games
- 3 Occurances in Lara Croft Games
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Related Articles
The best strategy here is to always tread carefully and to watch out for irregularities in the floor to spot collapsible floor early. Once on a crumbling floor tile the only sensible thing to do it to keep moving or even to jump off, towards safety.
Occurrence in Tomb Raider Games
The following reason for adding it to the list has been given: add other instances of collapsible floor. Further reasons might be found on the "discussion page".
- Right at the end of the level Lara has to drop through an opening covered by collapsible floor tiles.
- At the beginning of the level are collapsing floor tiles attached to a wall high up in a room. If Lara moves quickly, she can use them before the crumble to reach a Large Medipack.
- In the Tomb of Qualopec level crumbling floor tiles hide Floor Spikes.
- When collecting the first secret Lara will encounter collapsing floor tiles.
Tomb Raider II
- In the level The Great Wall there are many collapsible floor tiles, some of them disguise Floor Spikes, others conceal the actual path, without any trap underneath.
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider Chronicles
- In the Gallows Tree level there is a collapsible floor with Floor Spikes underneath.
Tomb Raider Anniversary
- In the level Peru - The Lost Valley are collapsible floor tiles without a trap underneath, right before the first encounter with the Raptors.
Tomb Raider (2013)
Rise of the Tomb Raider
- The Hidden Oasis
- In the level The Hidden Oasis, inside a dark passage the floor collapses underneath Lara's feet, sending her down into a seemingly dead end chamber.
- The Prophet's Tomb
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Shadow of the Tomb Raider sees the return of the collapsible floor.
- Urqu, the Scout's Crypt
- When entering the crypt of Urqu, the Scout, Lara follows the paths to a collapsible floor that gives way under her weight and sends her down a slope.
Occurances in Lara Croft Games
Lara Croft: Relic Run
- In the Jungle Temple there is a ramp leading upwards where the last part collapses. Lara has to jump across as not to drop into the pit.
- In the Desert Ruins quite a large area of the floor collapses throughout a run. At this point Lara can't do anything about it, except to tackle the Sand Slide underneath.
Lara Croft GO
- The first collapsible floor in GO is found in the third part of The Entrance, A Ruined Route. Lara can step on it once, but when stepping onto it again, the floor gives way and Lara falls down, dying.
- The collapsible beams are a special case of the collapsible floor.