|Related Objects||Common Spike Trap|
|Strategy||Jump across the pit.|
The Spike Pit is a variation of the Common Spike Trap found throughout the Tomb Raider Games and first occurring in the original Tomb Raider. In contrast to the common spike trap this trap consists of a pit containing Floor Spikes, making it fundamentally different from a player's point of view.
The first occurrence of this trap is in the original Tomb Raider.
- Tomb of Qualopec
- Inside the Tomb of Qualopec level, Lara comes across a section of Collapsible Floor with a spike pit beneath.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
In Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend, in the level Bolivia - Tiwanaku, Lara enters a temple where the floor vanishes under her feet, to avoid the spike pit below she needs to throw the grapple to a hook on the ceiling.
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Rise of the Tomb Raider
In Rise of the Tomb Raider Lara encounters spike pits hidden beneath a Crumbling Floor. This kind of trap consists of a rather large area of floor with cracks between the individual stones. As soon as Lara steps onto this area, the stones begin to crumble and soon will drop away. If Lara does not jump immediately away from the crumbling floor tiles she will fall into the spears beneath and get impaled. When the Skill Bright Eyes, from the Survivor Upgrades tree is equipped, Lara can easily spot these traps, using Survival Instincts.
- The Prophet's Tomb
- Endurance Mode
- Spike Pits combined with collapsible floor are also commonly found inside Crypts in the Endurance Mode.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Tomb of the Timekeeper
- After using the first Timebomb in the Tomb of the Timekeeper, the second level, Lara comes upon a spikepit she has to overcome by using the grapple.
Spike Pit in TRU
- The common spike trap.
- Another type of deadly pit.
- Another type of deadly pit with lava inside instead of spikes.