The Ankh is a hieroglyphic sign from Egyptian mythology denoting life. The ankh is very similar to the Christian cross, with the major difference that the T-shape of the ankh is surmounted by a loop. Ankhs appear often throughout the Tomb Raider Multiverse.
If you were led here by a link, you may wish to change it to point directly to the intended article.
Types of Ankhs
- The ankh found in the Obelisk of Khamoon level, in the original Tomb Raider is an artefact, which is used at a receptacle as a key.
- Another ankh found in the level Sanctuary of the Scion in Tomb Raider and used as key.
- The Amulet of Horus is an important artefact in Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation. It was used as a seal to keep Seth trapped.
- An item in Lara Croft: Relic Run which is used to revive Lara and continue the current run.
- Also, in the first three episodes of the Tomb Raider: Re/visioned animated series, an archaeologist discovers a way to bring people back from the dead using an ankh.