|Obstacle Type||Spike Trap|
|Strategy||Avoid the sides of the column.|
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Pyramid of Osiris
- The first time this obstacle is found in Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is in the very first level Pyramid of Osiris, after Ammit causes the bridge to collapse, in an area where Lara has to solve a puzzle where to Sun Balls have to be pushed into receptacles. With the help of a Raising Block with an Osiris Glyph Lara can reach the top of the column, which is safe to stand on.
- Later throughout the same level, Lara encounters a circular glyph that will turn out to be a spiked column that works like a raising block and rises out of the ground upon using the staff on the glyph.
- Overworld: Khepri Amphitheater
- In the centre arena of the Khepri Amphitheater Lara stumbles into a trap set by Set, here she finds two spiked columns that act like Raising Blocks when the Staff of Osiris is used on their glyphs, that are rotating around the centre piece, a columned stone cage with a Sun Ball trapped inside.
- Tomb of the Ferryman
- In the Tomb of the Ferryman these traps are often found in water. During the Spike Ball River scene, Lara has to jump across the top of several of these columns. Later, during the Ammit Chase, Lara has to navigate a steam, evading these.