Running is the most important of all moves. Most other moves are based on it.
The following combinations with other keys/buttons are possible:
- If you press left/right while running Lara will run into that direction.
- If you press the Sprint Button while running, Lara will sprint. (since Tomb Raider 3)
- If you press the Crouch Button and then press up, Lara will start crawling. (since Tomb Raider 3)
- If you press the Walk Button and then press up, Lara will start walking.
- If you have grabbed hold at a ceiling and you press up, Lara will Monkey Climb along. (since Tomb Raider 3)
- If you are on a ladder (Action Button) you will have to use up to climb upwards.
There are many other cases when you'll have to use up for what it is - a directional button - like climbing ladders etc.
Crystal Dynamics Games
The newer games use the "W" key on PC for moving forward or running, since the right hand is usually occupied with aiming the camera with the mouse. Instead of left/right, the "A" and "D" buttons are used for changing direction.
On consoles the left analogue stick is used for moving around. Push it forward, left and right to move Lara around. The right analogue stick controls the camera.