The Axe Upgrades are an upgrade type in the Tomb Raider Reboot and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Tomb Raider (2013)
List of Axe Upgrades
There is only one upgrades for the Axe. Unlike Skills (Survivor Upgrades, Hunter Upgrades, and Brawler Upgrades), which are bought with Skill Points, this can be bought by spending Salvage. It is the first upgrade the player has to perform in the game.
- Reinforces the pry axe so that it can be used to operate cranks.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
As with all gear in Rise of the Tomb Raider, the Axe can be upgraded at any of the Base Camps. A certain amount of Resources is needed.
List of Upgrades
This article has been added to the list of Articles Needing Improvement. Please help us to improve the article or section.
The following reason for adding it to the list has been given: Add Costs. Further reasons might be found on the "discussion page". --Wile E. Coyote (talk) 12:18, 15 February 2016 (CET)
- Costs depend on selected game difficulty.
- Hide wrapped handle improves one-handed grip allowing for dual-wielding melee attack combos that knock down even armored enemies.
- A sharpened edge allows the blade to slide farther into gaps, improving leverage for increased pry speed.
- Weighted handle increases strike power, causing enemy armor to shatter after successful melee combos.
- Custom handle wrapping allows for almost instant prying of doors or strongboxes.
There are no upgrades for the Axe in Tier 4.