20 Year Celebration
(Redirected from 20 Years of an Icon)
2016, the year when Tomb Raider celebrates its 20 year anniversary, the main release of that year being the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, alongside the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider on PlayStation 4.
Events and Releases
- 20 Years of an Icon is introduced on 29 March 2016
- Lara Croft: The Undisputed Queen of Gaming panel at PAX East on 22 April 2016
- #TombRaider20 Community Art Contest is held May/June 2016
- Tomb Raider II Fankit on Flickr, released 29 May 2016
- GamesCom Panels and Community Dinner, August 2016
- Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Medley first shown at New York Comic Con, 8 October 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, released 11 October 2016
- Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Challenge
- Eye on the Price artwork by Randy Green, released October 2016
- 20 Years of Tomb Raider: Digging up the Past, Defining the Future, a comprehensive book about the last 20 years of Tomb Raider written by Meagan Marie, published on 25 October 2016.
- Guinness World Record Attempt: Most Magazine Covers for a Videogame Character
- Guinness World Record Attempt: Largest Gathering Of People Dressed As Lara Croft, on 29 October 2016 during Paris Games Week, in Paris, France
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Customized Stamp Sheets, released November 2016, in UK
- Tomb Raider - Live In Concert, on 18 December 2016, in London, UK, at the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith.
- The Tomb Raider Suite, a CD recording of the re-mastering of the original Tomb Raider Soundtracks with new material by Nathan McCree, date to be announced.