St. Aicard's Church
|St. Aicard's Church|
|The Angel of Darkness|
|Special||This is simply a sublevel of the Ghetto where Lara finds pawn items or needs to cross through.|
|Location||Europe, France, Paris|
|Parisian Ghetto||St. Aicard's Church||Parisian Ghetto|
St. Aicard's Church is part of the Parisian Ghetto level in The Angel of Darkness. The no-longer-functional church is used as a gym. Here you can make a bet with a gym trainer, Anton Gris and win his "fancy gold watch", noted as his prize possession in your inventory. On a upper level there are some items that you can collect and also Lara can gain an upgrade by moving a stone block.
- Only if Lara wins the bet with Anton Gris
- In the upper area of the church
Traps and Obstacles
- Moving the white marble block beneath the staue gives Lara an lower-body upgrade
Aicard is an unusual name, and there are a few (unlikely) candidates for "Saint Aicard".
- Aicard of Marseilles was the Archbishop of Arles from 1070 to 1080, and remained as Archbishop after 1080 despite being deposed by Pope Gregory VII.  He is not a saint in the Catholic Church (for obvious reasons).
- Amiel Aicard was the Abbot of the Cathar Monastery of the Château de Montségur, who escaped from Catholic persecution of the Cathars in 1244 , and who legend says hid a great treasure in the immense cave system known as the Grotte de Lombrives.  It is unlikely that there would be a "St. Aicard's Church" in Paris, unless it was a Cathar church that had somehow survived until the 20th century.
- Jean François Victor Aicard (1848 - 1921) was a French poet, dramatist and novelist. 
Typical Scenery of the Level
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aicard Retrieved on 5th Nov 2008
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monts%C3%A9gur Retrieved on 5th Nov 2008
- http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/GlastonburyArchive/messenger/sm-catharconnection5.html Retrieved on 5th Nov 2008
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Aicard Retrieved on 5th Nov 2008