Articles:2017/08/21/Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X
Rise of the Tomb Raider will get a specially adapted and improved version created by Nixxes for the Xbox One X, the next incarnation of Microsoft's Xbox One. Like the new Console it will be released in November of 2017, and like the PlayStation 4 Pro version it will feature improved graphics and 4k gaming among other new features, divided into three modes, called "High Framerate" (providing 60 fps throughout most of the game), "4K Enriched Visuals", and "Native 4K Resolution" mode.
For players already owning the original Xbox One release an update will be provided free of charge on 7 November and save games made on the Xbox One will be compatible. There will be no special physical edition.
Q: What are the three visual modes available for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X?
A: The three modes include:
- HDR support for a more vibrant and accurate colour rendering
- spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos, for real 3D sound
- improved texture resolution for the character models and levels
- improved anti aliasing for realistic details
- improved volumetric lights
- improved reflections
- improved foliage
- improved polygon details
- improved texture filtersSquare Enix announcement