Difference between revisions of "Walkthrough:Bolivia - Tiwanaku"
Latest revision as of 21:51, 30 November 2019
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Story Intro
- 3 Walkthrough
- 3.1 1st Section:
- 3.2 2nd Section:
- 3.3 3rd Section:
- 3.4 4th Section:
- 3.5 5th Section:
- 3.6 6th Section:
- 3.7 7th Section:
- 3.8 8th Section:
- 3.9 9th Section:
- 3.10 10th Section:
- 3.11 11th Section:
- 3.12 12th Section:
- 3.13 13th Section:
- 3.14 14th Section:
- 4 Secret Statistics
- 5 Unlockables
Lara and her mother crash with their private jet over the Himalayas. In the next scene we will see Lara free-climbing in a mountain region in Bolivia.
"Anaya telephoned today. She heard a rumor about an ancient temple in Bolivia that contains an ornate stone dais. It could be the one I'm looking for. I'm setting out first thing in the morning."
The level begins by the ledge, where Lara has pulled herself up. On your right a waterfall is flowing down into the depths.
- If you run straight up on the left site of the plateau, you will find the Bronze Reward #1 between the set of rocks.
Now the paths leads us upwards. You can either step out onto the outcropping and from there jump over the gap to the right part of the plateau, or climb up the rock in the right corner. There is a small boulder here, and two more by the pond that Lara can kick, to set them into motion.
- On the right, in the rock alcove, you can find the Bronze Reward #2.
Enter the pond and swim to the other side, where you can climb out of the water. Jump up to the higher level and pull up. Here Zip will tell Lara to check on her PDA. At the end of the ledge, a rock will block the way. Lara can push it out and over the edge. Jump towards the next outcrop.
At the wall you will find a liana you can use to climb up. From there jump to the second liana on your right and jump again to reach the next rock-surface.
Continue to the right and jump towards the rope.
- To obtain the next Reward, turn left to face the cavemouth there (not the one behind the waterfall, but the one next to the platform you came from). Swing there and jump into the dark passage. Turn on your PLS to illuminate the path. At the end you will find the Silver Reward #1.
Drop down and you come to the spot you would have reached, if you had jumped through the waterfall. Follow the path to the left. You are coming out of another cave mouth. Jump to the platform opposite. You can also explore the ledge below the entrance, but there is nothing to find there. On the ledge opposite a short cutscene is shown to you. When it has finished, turn to face the left wall. Above is a gap. Jump up and grab hold. Shimmy sideways to the left. You will come past the cave mouth. Around the corner the ledge ends. Jump backwards to the ledge behind you and pull up. Run into the stream. You will come past the next checkpoint.
When you run up towards the top, the giant boulder will come lose. Evade it. And then run into the gap it has left. Step onto the outcropping on the right and from there jump onto the pole. Instead of swinging, shimmy to the left end. There you have to swing to the next pole. Jump again to reach the ledge. From there jump sideways to the right to the other ledge, where you'll be able to pull up. But instead of doing that, Lara will listen in on a conversation, one baddy is having over his walky talky. Pull up behind the baddy's back and start shooting at him. Although I don't think that's a pretty clever idea while he's still talking, but nevermind. He leaves Lara a Medipack. It's somewhere in the water. Run further upstream. You cannot get much further on the left, as the cliffs are too high to reach.
- But on the left side you can find the Bronze Reward #3, just lying around on a rock.
Examine the fallen tree trunk. You will find that it can be used as see-saw. When you step onto the higher end it will tip. Get back to the wallstructure in the corner. There is a small ledge on the left side. Jump up and grab hold. Shimmy to the right and around the corner. There jump up to the higher level. Here you will find a rock. Push it over the edge and onto the see-saw. Then drop down and step onto the rock. From here you can jump onto a horizontal branch and use it to swing up to the next rock. Pull up to reach the next checkpoint.
5th Section:Now it's time to use the grapple. The round stone tablet is blocking the way. Throw out your magnetic hook. Pull at the giant piece.
Jump onto the liana by the waterfall and use it to reach the other side.
- In the higher niche behind the waterfall you can pick up the Bronze Reward #4.
Then walk to the right end of the platform. In front it a drop. Overhead you can see two poles. Jump up to the first. From there swing to the second and then jump down on the other side. Here is the next checkpoint.
Around the right corner another mercenary will attack you. When he's killed Lara will face the next obstacle. The old bridge has collapsed. You have to use the magnetic grapple again. Jump up and throw out the rope to grab hold overhead. Swing to the other side. Run up the stairs.
- On the left, a bit higher up in the rock, you can see the next Reward. To obtain it is a bit tricky this time, at least if you do this the first time. This item is metallic, which means we can use the grapple. Activate manual aim and target the secret. Then, while it is locked on, throw out the grapple and pull it down. The Bronze Reward #5 is yours.
Now follow the path, till you reach a slope. Another cutscene is shown to you. Afterwards you can shoot at the branch holding the boulders and they will tumble down and maybe even kill the two baddies below. Slide down and shoot and remaining baddies, as well as further baddies appearing from the left. Depending on your difficulty setting they might leave you medipacks.
- In the passage ahead you can also find the Bronze Reward #6.
Now you can climb up to the right and explore the ruins a bit, to then climb up on the left. Careful up the path is another mercenary you can target you down here.
- Around the corner on the right, by an unstable stone column you can find the Bronze Reward #7.
Then climb up the single step or run up the ramp to get to the last mercenary here. He loses a SMG. At the top you have to jump onto the rope and use it to swing to the higher platform. Below a couple of baddies are waiting for you. You can shoot them from up here. To finish them quicker I recommend shooting at the stone column on the left. Interaction Button. It will crumble and crash down to the right, and if you're lucky, take down some of the baddies in the process. Slide down the slope when you think you're done from up here. Collect any weapons or medis they might have left you. You can duck behind the stone walls you will find here, when engaging the enemy. When all the baddies in this corner are finished, you have to cross the stone bridge to reach the front of the temple. Kill the mercenaries by the Jeep. After collecting all remaining goodies, head towards the stairs.
- On the middle level on the left side of the stairs you can see a brick-wall that's not looking very solid. Shoot it to reveal the Silver Reward #2.
Now run up the stairs of the temple and watch (or rather listen) as two of the badguys get sliced to bits, when running into the temple's traps. If you head up at the side instead of taking the stairs, this cutscene will be skipped. They leave you a RC560 Assault Rifle. Down the stairs the next checkpoint is waiting for Lara.
Run ahead and the floor will disappear from underneath Lara's feet. Jump and throw the magnetic hook, to safely reach the other side. Run up the stairs.
- In the left wall is a nicely hidden gap, here you will find the next Bronze Reward #8.
Next run to the right, into a chamber with a chain mechanism. Lara can climb up on the right chain. Turn your back to the other chain, and jump there. Lara's weight will pull down the chain. Quickly climb it and jump to the upper section of the previous chain, before you've missed the chance. From there you can reach the niche in the wall. Step towards the other side and there jump onto the next chain. Slide down into the room. Enter the next chamber.
At the end of the passage is a pool. Jump inside. To swandive, press forwards and jump and immediately the roll button. Dive down and follow the tunnel towards the light.
Secret 11/16: Dive up at the first opportunity and climb out of the water to find the Bronze Reward #9.
Dive up at the brightest spot. You can pull out of the water and reach the next checkpoint.
Run down to the foot of the stairs. Here you will encounter the first Jaguar. Further down, you will come to a trap of squeezing blocks. Wait till they meet and then run through as quickly as you can. In the chamber behind you will find a cube-cage with a dangling skull. Push and pull it towards the next trap on the way. This cage will stop the walls from squeezing Lara to death. Push it all the way through to the second set of traps. You can leave it in the middle, where it stops both walls from meeting each other, or push it all the way through. Either way you should be careful where the two traps meet, if Lara is still between the first set, while the block is only blocking the second, she might end up flat against the walls. Step out on the other side. Run up the stairs and into the next chamber. Again there is a checkpoint.
You are now standing on a platform with three triggerpads. There are also three crates in this room. Each has to be pushed and pulled onto one of the pads to activate the mechanism that opens the door opposite. One of the crates can be found on the right. It can be pulled on the closest triggerpad right away.
- In the niche nearby the spot where the crate was you can find the Bronze Reward #10.
The other two crates are in the water below; one left, the other one on the right. After arranging the first crate, climb down. Below another Jaguar is waiting for Lara. On the left you will find a seesaw. Pull out the crate below one end and it will tilt. Push the crate onto the seesaw now. then climb out of the water and step onto the walkway in the middle where one of the triggerpads is. From the end jump onto the seesaw's upper end. You might also choose to do this jumping bit from below, but trust me, this works better. By jumping onto the seesaw the crate will be catapulted upwards. Now either pull this crate onto its spot, or continue with the last crate. Push and pull this over to the seesaw as well and repeat the procedure. You could now push all crates on their spots, but if you're not careful you will miss the gold secret. So leave one of the sidespots open for now and only place the other one and the one in the middle at first.
Secret (Preparation - Gold Reward):
- Step towards the third trigger platform, still without crate. Run over it, but leave it again quickly. You will see a cutscene. It's important that during this cutscene not all crates are placed on the triggers, because then the door would be opened all the way. Now the cutscene is over, the door is still closed.
- If you pulled up the door all the way, do the following to get it down again. Place all crates, especially the side crated to unlock the wheel mechanism. Then remove the middle crate first. The door should now fall down again. Now remove one of the side crates, to lock the door at the bottom. Now place the middle crate again to pull at the door. But it won't move up, since the mechanism is locked. :Continue:
- Arrange the camera so you can see the door. There are gaps in the door and on the walls at the side. The gaps in the door have to be on the same level as the upper ones at the side. Now push the last crate onto the trigger. Watch the door. As soon as these gaps are on the same level pull the crate down again. The door is now open, but not all the way.
Now it's time to get to the other side. Run over to the chain on the left and climb it. Turn with your back towards the gap in the wall behind you and jump there. Shimmy along to the right. At the end jump up to the upper ledge and pull up. Jump up to the horizontal chain and use it to climb to the other side. Hang from the front ledge and drop down to the one below. At the end jump towards the bar. Swing and jump to the platform. Here is the next checkpoint.
Secret 13/16 (Pick Up - Gold Reward):
- Examine the door. On both sides are gaps in the wall. Jump up to the lower gap and continue up to the second one. From here jump sideways towards the gap in the middle of the pulled-up door. Lara can grab hold here. The gate is moving slightly. When it moves down, jump up and grab the ledge above. Climb all the way up into the niche and pick up the Gold Reward.
- Again, before you step through the gate, you can pick up another secret. Run over to the right side, opposite of where you've reached the exit-platform. Here you can jump onto a ledge. Hang from the lower of the two ledges. Shimmy right and jump up behind the stone face. Up on the platform jump up to the chain. Climb over to the other side, to pick up the Silver Reward #3. Return the way you came.
Now take a deep breath and step through the door. Here comes one of the interactive scenes. You have to quickly press the buttons (direction) shown to you. Don't bother with running, Lara will move on her own.
- The combination here is:
- Down (PC) / (PS2)
- Up (PC) / (PS2)
Press them immediately when shown to you. At the end you will spot a Reward underneath the pit.
When you've reached the other end, follow the passage. Hang from the ledge. Shimmy right. Here you can see more ledges below. Drop down, one after the other, to reach the ground. The next Jaguar is waiting there for you.
- In the wall you came down you will find a movable rock. Push it into the wall to reveal a passage on the right. At the end is the pit with the Silver Reward #4, you've spotted from above.
Back in the previous chamber, step onto the elevation. With the help of the strange turning contraptions you now have to reach the ledge and the exit opposite. Which path you take is unimportant, here are both:
Jump towards the right handle of the first contraption. It will turn counter-clockwise. Jump towards the handle of the middle contraption. This one will turn clockwise. Jump towards the contraption in the corner, and again this one will turn counter-clockwise. Jump to the gap ahead and shimmy to the right Jump onto the left handle of the contraption and it will turn clockwise. Jump on to the contraption in the middle. It will turn counter-clockwise. Then jump to the contraption in the corner. It will turn clockwise. Jump towards the ledge at the wall ahead. Whichever path you have taken, you are now hanging from the ledge below the exit. Shimmy right. Jump past the broken part to the right.
- In the right wall is a niche with a reward. Jump backwards (don't shimmy to far right before doing so) to the handle behind you. The contraption will turn and you will end up in front of the alcove. Jump there and collect the Silver Reward #5. Return the way you came, or drop down and do the jumping and turning again.
Now shimmy to the right end of the Ledge and jump up to the next ledge. Again shimmy to the right and jump further up. Shimmy to the left and jump past the gap. Shimmy left and around the corner into the opening. Let go and climb further up. Follow the passage.
Run to the left. A cutscene with James Rutland and a Flashback to Lara's past follows. After the cut you have to move. The helicopter will fire at the bridge you are one. It's not as bad as it might seem, if you stay calm, run ahead and jump at the right spot, which has to happen three times, you will make it to the other side. When you've reached the platform you have to fight a group of mercenaries. When they are finished, the level is done.
There are 16 secrets in this level.
- 1 Gold
- 5 Silver
- 10 Bronze
- Finishing the level - Bolivia Cinematics
- All Bronze - Bolivia Location Concepts
- All Silver - Bolivia Object Models & Legend, Union Jack Outfit
- Gold - Sport Outfit
- Time Trial - Sport, Green Outfit & (If you've finished the game) Cheat 2