Difference between revisions of "Pressure Plate"
(→Tomb Raider Underworld)
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
Latest revision as of 15:39, 18 March 2018
|Strategy||Stand on them, or place a movable object on them.|
The Pressure Plate is a type of trigger found in several of the Tomb Raider Games and first occurring in the original Tomb Raider. They often trigger a trap or a door mechanism. Pressure Plates can either be activated by Lara standing on them, or by an object, placed on top. Some of these pressure plates stay triggered once the pressure is removed, others simply reset.
- Several inconspicuous pressure plates trigger doors in this game. Most of them have to do with secrets.
- Inside the caves Lara finds a pressure plate inside the chamber adjacent to the bear pit. If Lara steps on it, a Timed Door will open for a short period.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary
- The first pressure plate in the Mountain Caves is found right at the beginning. It is a giant pressure plate that Lara has to step onto. It triggers the Dart Shooters in the passage behind. Luckily two Jump Switches will enable Lara to turn the darts off again. (By turning them off, PlayStation 3 gamers can achieve the Bilateral Disarmament trophy.)
Tomb Raider Underworld
Pressure plates commonly occur throughout the game, e.g. in the Mediterranean Section and the Croft Manor where Lara has to place weights on them to keep doors open or mechanisms active. She can also stand on them to trigger the connected event, however once she steps off, the event is no longer triggered. This works well for attaching the grapple for another action or for throwing things through doors.
- The Path to Avalon
- In the second level, The Path to Avalon Lara has to use two Portable Stone Blocks on pressure plates to hold a door open.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Pressure plates are found multiple times throughout Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. In some cases it suffices to step on them and they remain triggered afterwards, in other cases someone has to stand on them or an object has to be placed atop.
- Pyramid of Osiris
- The first time the pressure plate is found in Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is in the first level, Pyramid of Osiris. It is on an elevated level above the area with the gate it opens, reachable through the grapple.
- Tomb of the Timekeeper
- The first pressure plate in the Tomb of the Timekeeper is behind a Retractable Spike Gate opened with a Pull Switch in a room where Set sets a number of Green and Fire Scarabs on Lara, where she can also find the Shotgun. It opens a second spike gate nearby.
- The second pressure plate is located near the third Timebomb. It is atop an elevation leading back to the main chamber from the timebomb chamber and it opens another spike gate that enables Lara to get the bomb towards the Timebomb Barrier.
- Tomb of the Silversmith
Large Pressure Plate (Anniversary)