Remark: This article describes the location Helheim in Tomb Raider Underworld. For information about the level in Tomb Raider Underworld, see Helheim.
Helheim (also known as Hel and World of Hel) is a location Lara visits in Tomb Raider Underworld.
Helheim is a place in Norse mythology where the people who did not die a gloriously in battle went after their death. It's a realm which is owned by the being Hel  and it's supposedly located under the roots of the World Tree, Yggdrasil. 
Tomb Raider Underworld
In Tomb Raider Underworld Lara learns that her mother's location, Avalon, is actually called Helheim. She then travels there with the coordinates Jacqueline Natla gave her, leading to the Arctic Sea.
Lara writes the following notes to her journal about the location:
Helheim - World of Hel. Here the goddess Hel, depicted as a woman on one side and a corpse on the other, presided over all souls that did not got to Valhalla
after death. Judging by the ruined road and drawbridge, this site must be even more ancient than Niflheim
to have been above sea level at some point. The top is heavily encased in permanent sea ice, so there may have been another, dryer way to get inside from somewhere above had Natla given me more precise coordinates, but I think I'd rather go in through the front door.
- The mythical place that Amanda Evert told to be the location of Amelia Croft in Bolivia.
- Maya underworld visited in Tomb Raider Underworld.
- Another Norse underworld. A level of the same name is visited in Tomb Raider Underworld.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helheim Retrieved on 15th Sep 2012
- ↑ Lara's Journal entry HELHEIM
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_%28being%29 Retrieved on 15th Sep 2012
- ↑ Lara's Journal entry YGGDRASIL